Other Site Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Cycling update

Well it has been a while since I posted on this blog but I have been busy both with cycling and with other stuff.

In October I rode in the Southbank to Southport ride again but this time with the Ascot Catering group I train and ride with. It was a perfect day for the ride and my increased level of fitness allowed me to keep up a steady pace and with the benefit of finding a strong moving pack I managed to finish the ride in 2 hours 54 minutes. What a hoot! The whole group managed to finish within a 10 minute time frame ever though one rider did have a spill.

The Ascot Catering Group ready to start at Southbank

I have been trying to conquer the back side of Mt Coot-tha and in December I managed to make it over for the first time with encouragement from my cycling mate Stu. For me it was really a matter of mindset and application of a bit of caution at the bottom to make sure I kept out of the "red zone" getting near the top. Since them I have been over a number of times and now can complete two consecutive laps, not all that speedy though. Today Stu and I tackled the ride again and I felt I could have taken on a third pass, perhaps not!

The next Coot-tha Challenge is only 5 weeks away.

No comments: