Other Site Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Bike

I ride a TREK Madone 4.5 that I have had for 2 years now and in that time I have covered 10,000 km. Components are generally Shimano 105, the rear derailleur is Ultegra and following a maintenance replacement the cassette and chain were upgraded to Ultegra 6700 . I use a Garmin Edge 705 cycle computer.

After  persevering with the Bontranger seat for a while I fitted a Selle SMP Lite 2009 saddle and although no saddle could be considered comfortable, this saddle does not cause the level of numbness that I experienced with the previous saddle.

The original tyres have been replaced with Michelin Lithion 2 tyres.

The cassette (11-25) and chain were replaced at about 6,000 km and the chain and cassette are approaching the time for replacement once again. Cleaning and checking of the bottom bracket and head set are the next maintenance jobs that require attention.

No comments: